Summit Breakout Sessions Preview
The Michigan Good Food Summit will be hosting 8 concurrent breakout sessions on October 28, 2014. These exciting and relevant breakout sessions are designed to bring summit attendees together with panelists from a variety of organizations and backgrounds who are working within the good food movement to discuss the current state of Michigan’s food system, share ideas and opportunities and seek advancement in making it more fair, healthy, green and affordable for all residents. The 75 minute sessions will begin at 11:00 a.m. and will repeat again at 2:30 p.m allowing attendees to attend more than one.
Sessions will include:
- Attracting Money: Creative Local Sourcing Strategies
- Getting the Grant: Opportunities and Tips for Grants to Support Good Food Charter Goals
- Land Tenure and Farmland Preservation – Urban and Rural
- Making Change: Youth Leaders in Food Careers and Entrepreneurship
- Equity in the Food System: Facing Race and Poverty
- Partnering to Increase Food Access: Innovative Strategies
- Challenges and Opportunities in Connecting to Local Markets: Farmer Perspectives
- Achieving and Measuring Food System Change in Michigan
To register for the Michigan Good Food Summit click here.