Have you signed the Resolution of Support?
Have you or your organization signed the Resolution of Support for the Michigan Good Food Charter?
Currently, over 380 organizations throughout the state and more than 480 individuals have signed the Resolution and shown their support for the six goals of the Charter and the promotion of food that is Healthy, Green, Fair, and Affordable.
The six Michigan Good Food Charter Goals are:
- Michigan institutions will source 20 percent of their food products from Michigan growers, producers and processors.
- Michigan farmers will profitably supply 20 percent of all Michigan institutional, retailer and consumer food purchases and be able to pay fair wages to their workers.
- Michigan will generate new agri-food businesses at a rate that enables 20 percent of food purchased in Michigan to come from Michigan.
- Eighty percent of Michigan residents (twice the current level) will have easy access to affordable, fresh, healthy food, 20 percent of which is from Michigan sources.
- Michigan Nutrition Standards will be met by 100 percent of school meals and 75 percent of schools selling food outside school meal programs.
- Michigan schools will incorporate food and agriculture into the pre-K through 12th grade curriculum for all Michigan students and youth will have access to food and agriculture entrepreneurial opportunities.
If you are supporting any of the goals of the Michigan Good Food Charter, please consider signing the Resolution of Support, and joining others in continuing to develop Michigan’s food system.
As a state initiative, we are making headway in achieving these goals. Broken down by Charter goal, the 2014 Michigan Good Food Report Card shows how progress has been made throughout the state. As we look to continue to measure progress throughout the state on these goals, the Michigan Good Food Charter Shared Measurement Project is currently underway and working with organizations throughout the state to begin to define a set of common measures by which we can measure the results of good food work.
The list of signatures of organizations and individuals who have already shown their support for the Charter can be found here. You can click here to sign the Resolution of Support on behalf of your organization or yourself. If you haven’t read the Charter or are interested in learning more, there are a number of resources and materials available online around the Charter.