CRFS Seeks Consultant for Local Food Council Network Coordination
CRFS is requesting proposals to coordinate a new network in Michigan to be comprised of representatives from local food councils, or similar groups, and other interested partners around the state. This network will focus on building the capacity of local food councils in Michigan to work on policy issues, operate effectively and engage their communities. Preliminary work exploring the potential for a statewide local food council network identified the following six main roles of such a network:
- Provide a space for local councils to network with one another;
- Connect local councils to statewide policy information, issues and actions;
- Help local councils build capacity;
- Provide hands-on training to local food councils;
- Connect local policy information, issues and actions to other parts of the state;
- Connect local councils to national policy information, issues and actions.
Proposals ranging from $15,000 - $20,000 for a 12-month period will be considered. Annual renewal of funding for network coordination for a maximum of an additional two years will be considered, at the discretion of CRFS staff, depending on extent of interest and progress measured. A competitive application process for future annual contracts may be used if deemed appropriate by CRFS staff.
Please see the Request for Proposals for full details. Applications will be accepted until January 16, 2015.